The following document is for parents to complete and return when their child is having a nasal flu vaccination:
Consent for nasal flu
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) updated as at 28/8/2020
To stop the spread of the coronavirus we have had to strictly limit access to the surgery and you cannot gain access unless your GP or Nurse has asked you to come to the Practice. The inner lobby is open to post prescriptions or other requests and to collect sample bottles. There is an intercom if you need to contact a member of the reception team.
**WE HAVE SUSPENDED ALL ONLINE BOOKING**
- If you are wanting to book an appointment please DO NOT attend the surgery, please contact us by telephone. However please be patient as the telephone lines are likely to be busy.
- Please also be aware that appointments will be booked as telephone appointments and if it is felt necessary by the clinician then a face to face appointment will be made. If you are asked to attend in person then please wear a face mask and if possible please attend on your own. *Help us help you stay safe – When you come to the GP surgery, you will need to wear a face covering. This can be a mask, scarf or homemade face covering. It just needs to cover your mouth and nose. Please arrive on time and alone wherever possible. Please use the hand sanitiser as soon as you enter the building. By doing so you are helping to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus and keeping our surgery safe.*
- The receptionists have been told to ask screening questions to every patient, please answer these truthfully and accept the advice you are given if directed to other services
- You can help us by ensuring we have your up to date contact details and asking our receptionists about online access so you can see your results and order your own prescriptions
- Please do not come to the surgery with general queries. Please phone the surgery on an afternoon when the phone lines may be quieter.
- Any general sick note requests can be sent via: firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in the collection box near the front door. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NO CLINICAL QUERIES WILL BE ANSWERED OR APPOINTMENTS BOOKED VIA THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
- The hospitals are not yet currently processing routine referrals so we are unable to chase these up. All urgent referrals are still being dealt with by the hospitals and they are contacting patients directly
- Testing is now open to any member of the public with COVID-19 symptoms by visiting http://nhs.uk/coronavirus or calling 119 to book a test.
- GP’s are not required or in a position to provide exemption letters for patients who believe they should be exempt from wearing a face covering. The current guidance suggests there is no requirement for the public to provide medical evidence for exemption from wearing face masks therefore a self- declaration should be sufficient. Please follow the GOV.UK link below for more information on the use of face coverings.
- Proof of sickness for Coronavirus or information on sick pay can be found at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-guidance-for-employees
- Where possible make use of the other resources we have e.g Online Access and please do not contact us about hospital queries.
- For Dewsbury and Pinderfields Hospital queries please ring 01924 541000
Please bear with us at this time and understand our phone-lines will be extra busy. THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING PATIENCE
24 HOUR MENTAL HEALTH HELPLINE